Dairy System Monitoring (DSM)
DSM is an up-to-date tool that takes financial and production information through the milk season and shows a farmer each month how they are tracking against their budget and, if they wish, against other farms that are using DSM.
Using data captured at the end of each month from the farm manager and dairy company website and updating this against the budget developed at the start of the season, we generate a revised position which is uploaded onto the internet.
Farmers access the internet site to see their revised reports and how they are doing against a benchmark developed from the results across similar DSM farms. This allows farmers to see exactly where they are against what they budgeted and compare the relative strengths and weaknesses of their farming systems.
DSM is utilised by five independent consultancy firms delivering benchmarks for the Waikato, Taranaki, Hawkes Bay, Tararua, Manawatu, Wairarapa, Rotorua, Takaka, Canterbury, Otago and Southland districts.
We provide DSM as a packaged service. Not only do you get monthly updated models and benchmarking, there is the opportunity to be involved in three to four DSM group meetings each year, a study tour and an end of season individual interpretation (report card) for the year and a presentation to DSM subscribers on overall trends and insights into gaining profitable results going into the next season.
Key benefits are:
- Monthly updates of results against budget.
- Having a budget on UDDER or Farmax Dairy that can be used for scenario planning.
- Benchmarking to compare business performance with others.
- Three networking meetings per year to meet other users and discuss the results.
- Annual report of the individual business's strengths and weaknesses.
- Farmer access to valid Farmax Dairy models.
- Over the years a database develops for each individual farm, effectively becoming an interactive diary.
Please contact us to see how we can help
Masterton Office (HQ)
State Highway 2
(06) 370 6880
8 Manchester Square
(06) 323 2220